Impact The Next Generation!
Camp Oak Hill 2020 Summer Staff,
Change Their Life, Change Your Life!
- New Counselor
- Leadership Staff
- CAP (Counselor Assistant Program)
- CIT (Counselor In Training)
- Returning Staff
All Counselor Positions Are Full for 2020!
We’re looking for individuals who have typically completed their freshman year of college (or equivalent experience). Counselors live, work, and play with the campers – they are on the front lines for everything that happens at camp! They are privileged to intentionally build relationships and disciple campers to grow in faith. Counselors spend each week living with campers in a cabin setting alongside one or two co-counselors.
- A cabin will typically house 10-14 campers each week
- Camp is offered to 1st-12th graders over 8 weeks
- Counselors will:
- Lead and supervise their campers throughout the day
- Facilitate activities (i.e., lifeguarding waterfront, conducting team building exercises, refereeing field games, etc.)
- Participate with high energy in morning jam, evening worship, and camp-wide programs
- Prepare and lead nightly devotions for their campers
All Leadership Staff positions are now full for summer 2020!
Our leadership staff is crucial to the success of the summer camp ministry. These staff members will assist with the overall day-to-day operations of camp, such as programs, worship, camp store, media, activities, recreation and discipleship groups. The key components of this position are maturity, self-motivation, and demonstrated steward leadership. Leadership staff will also display an earnest desire to equip and serve the counselors as they build relationships with campers and deepen their faith in Christ.
*We work with applicants to fullfill internship requirements on an as-needed basis. Just let us know!
Application are now closed for summer 2020!
The CAP (Counselor Assistant Program) offers an experience to rising high school seniors who desire to be a counselor at Camp Oak Hill. This program will allow CAPs the opportunity to experience firsthand the role of a camp counselor. Our hope is that through this challenging experience, these campers will further develop leadership skills and grow in faith, with a goal of becoming future COH counselors. We encourage any rising seniors who are unable to participate in this program to attend Youth Week!
- Pre-camp training day (6/7/20) – REQUIRED
- CAPs will be at camp for Kids Week 2 (July 12-17) and Kids Week 3 (July 19-24) Please note: there will be no weekend stay between these two sessions
- More details about the program will be provided upon acceptance
All CIT spots are now full for summer 2020!
CITs (Counselors in Training) are recent high school graduates who will serve alongside counselors in the cabins for the entire summer camp season. Through this experience, CITs will gain insight on what it takes to be a counselor at Camp Oak Hill. This program also allows for opportunities to actively lead daily activities and work behind-the-scenes. We are look for six (ideally three female and three male) qualified candidates to fill our CIT positions.
- CITs are typically recent high school graduates (we are flexible with graduation schedules and college orientation)
CITs will have the opportunity to assist with programs, lead activities, and help with overall camp facility needs
CITs will stay in cabins with campers and counselors. They will support their counselors, share meals with their campers, and have ample opportunity to build relationships outside of their other duties.
CITs report to the Assistant Camp Director
Female Counselor Spots Are Full!
Male Counselor Spots Are Still Available!
Welcome back, we’re thrilled to hear that you’re interested in joining our summer staff once again! Demonstrated spiritual growth will be expected, along with an exceptional passion for camp. As an experienced counselor, you will have a unique opportunity to exemplify servant leadership for both new staff and campers.
New Summer 2020: ALL counselors will be required to be certified as either a Challenge Course Facilitator or Lifeguard. Certification training will be conducted during a portion of staff/skills training, which is scheduled for June 1-10.
Countdown to our Staff Training!